Get your expired miles back
You can reactivate your expired miles for a fee in 1 of 2 ways*:
- Call AAdvantage® customer service
For mileage reactivations, you can:
- Reactivate miles within 18 months of their expiration
- Only make 1 transaction to reactivate your miles. Any expired miles from this same expiration time frame that aren’t reactivated will be forfeited
- Reactivate a maximum of 500,000 miles
*Rates are charged based on the total number of miles reactivated from 1 account at 1 time, regardless of when the miles expired
- The price is in U.S. dollars. Your credit card company may add a currency conversion fee.
- Transactions are nonrefundable and nonreversible.
- Allow up to 24 hours for processing.
- Expired miles in archived accounts may not be eligible.
- Reactivated miles are credited to your account as a mileage bonus and don’t count toward elite status qualification or Million MilerSM status.
- Reactivated miles will not expire as long as your account has mileage earning or redeeming activity once every 18 months.
- Reactivated miles are subject to the standard AAdvantage® program terms and conditions.